125th Anniversary Contest
2016 marks the 125th Anniversary of Ukrainian settlement in Canada, and the Ukrainian Canadian Arts Network (UCAN) is celebrating! UCAN is running a social media contest for 125 consecutive days giving away a prize pack every day to a lucky winner somewhere in Canada.
The goal of the project is to raise awareness about the 125th Anniversary to not only Ukrainian Canadians, but non-Ukrainian Canadians as well as the general world public. We aim to grow the social media base of UCAN significantly through this social media campaign. Our goal is to increase our Facebook following to 3,000 followers, our Twitter and Instagram following by 500 followers. We also aim to drive traffic to the UCAN website and reach an average of 50 unique visitors every day.
Every day of the contest will include targeted Facebook posts, Tweets, and Instagram posts. Although Twitter and Instagram will be important components of the contest, Facebook will remain the primary target of the 125th Anniversary Contest. Posts all all three social media sites will utilize paid advertising techniques to ensure the furthest possible reach for the duration of the contest. Every single day a Facebook post, a tweet, or an Instagram photo will be promoted using paid advertising.
The contest will also follow important dates for Ukrainians this summer including festivals or other prominent events in the Ukrainian community.
Sponsors of the 125th Anniversary Contest
The Ukrainian Canadian Arts Network would like to thank its sponsors who donated items to make this contest possible!
- One random winner will be selected through Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram once per day from May 29th until September 30th, 2016.
- A winner is eligible only if they live in a province or territory in Canada.
- The Ukrainian Canadian Arts Network (UCAN) and the Ukrainian Canadian Congress (UCC) does not take any responsibility for the donated items. If an item is defective, broken, or otherwise unusable, UCAN and UCC is not liable to provide compensation.
- There is no cost for an individual to enter the contest nor is there a cost upon winning a prize from the contest.
- Should an individual not have a social media account, they can enter every day by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be eligible.
- If a winner has not claimed their prize within 2 weeks of their name being drawn as a winner, their prize will be forfeited.